Designed to complement any space and integrate effortlessly into the modern office, the Freedom task chair offers comfort, style and complete ease of use.
Created by Niels Diffrient and winner of more than 10 design awards, the Freedom task chair uses the laws of physics and the sitter’s body weight to provide instant, custom support for every sitter. This perfect balance allows the user to move but be fully supported in each position effortlessly. As a result, users often change postures, leading to a more healthy and comfortable sitting experience.
The Freedom task chair revolutionises the way people sit. Its weight-sensitive recline and synchronously adjustable armrests set new standards for task chair performance and functionality. With a sculpted foam backrest to match the contours of the human body and thick cushions for long-lasting comfort, it provides a custom ergonomic fit for every user.
Long lasting comfort
Freedom’s body-fitting contours ensure the user sits in comfort all day long. Our cushions are built to maximise comfort for four hours, rather than the industry-standard four minutes, which is as long as a sit-test in a new chair generally lasts.
Freedom’s intelligent recline mechanism automatically provides custom support for every user and encourages healthy, spontaneous movement throughout the day. Without cumbersome knobs or levers and with no manual adjustments, Freedom task makes active sitting effortless.
The revolutionary design of Freedom’s backrest allows automatic pivoting to accommodate the changing needs of the spine. Its synchronous armrests stay with the user during recline for constant support and ongoing comfort.
Available in two versions, the everyday Freedom Task and the executive Freedom Headrest, each chair includes the following features:
– Distinctive design sets it apart from other task chairs and enhances any space
– Innovative weight-sensitive, self-locking recline mechanism cleverly uses each sitter’s body weight to perfectly adjust the tension and recline position of the chair for full support throughout movement.
– Pivoting backrest automatically moves with the user throughout the day and offers perfect lumbar comfort in all positions.
– Synchronous arms allow effortless adjustment with one hand, and our unique arm design attaches to the backrest to move with the user.
– Contoured cushions are sculpted to closely follow the body’s shape and offer long-term comfort, reduce pressure points and provide exceptional weight distribution.
– Modular design allows the user to update the aesthetic of the chair and offers easy maintenance.
– A wide range of specifically created, high-performance textiles complement the chair’s unique cushion contours to maximise their comfort, performance and ergonomic function.
– The Freedom Headrest features dynamic support that cradles the head and neck during recline but remains neutral when in upright positions.
– standard foam seat pan.
– standard 125mm (5 inch) gas lift.
– standard 75mm (3 inch) casters for carpeted floor.
– none-standard plastics & foams.
– standard matching base.
– individually boxed.
– weight: 17kg with arms / 15.5kg without arms.
– width: 690mm (27.25 inch).
– base width: 635mm (25 inch).
– warranty: textiles & mesh – five years of single shift use; all other components – 15 years.
– Textiles: range of four-way stretch fabrics, box-stitched leathers, antimicrobial textiles and non-stretch materials.
– Stitch finishing: choice of matching or contrasting box stitching is available with all leathers.
– Cushions: Technogel cushions maximise weight distribution.
– Arms: synchronous arms in Duron, gel or matching textile.
– Advanced arms in Duron, gel or matching textile.
– Finishes: graphite or polished aluminium with graphite trim.
– Cylinder: low, standard or high with footring.
– Casters: soft casters, glides or locking casters (lock when you sit down)
– Convenient coat hanger attachment.
– Also available in a clean room compliant configuration.
Freedom is supplied fully assembled and boxed.
The lead time guide on this product is: 5-7 working days ex stock or 25-30 working days indent order. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR AVAILABILITY.
When you add this product to your cart, you will see the delivery charge based on your postcode. Contact us if your postcode is not showing a price. Please note that we only deliver to the East Coast of Australia.
Please contact us for any assembly (if applicable), special placement instructions or if you have a trade project or fit-out enquiry.