The most sustainable chair in the world.
Smart Ocean embodies the commitment to sustainable manufacturing and incorporates almost 2 pounds of recycled fishing net. Featuring the same Form-Sensing Mesh Technology and transparent functionality as the Diffrient Smart chair, Smart Ocean instantly adjusts to each unique user – as if each chair was made for them. Smart Ocean has a timeless beauty that’s universally relevant in any workspace with an aesthetic driven by functionality.
Smart Ocean utilises material from discarded fishing nets that have been collected in an effort to develop innovative solutions to prevent ocean plastic pollution. The nets are transformed into plastic pellets and then used to manufacture Smart Ocean chairs. Smart Ocean is the first-ever ergonomic chair to be built with recycled net. It is also certified by the International Living Future Institute to the full Living Product Challenge — meeting the most rigorous sustainable manufacturing criteria to date.
A Net Positive Product
Smart Ocean is the embodiment of our commitment to sustainable manufacturing. Each chair incorporates almost 2 pounds. Of recycled fishing net material and is Living Product certified — meeting the most rigorous sustainable manufacturing criteria to date.
The material used to produce Smart Ocean is sourced from a collection and recycling program aimed at combating the detrimental effects of discarded ocean fishing nets. These nets are transformed into recycled nylon pellets used for manufacturing.
Custom Fit Technology
Featuring the same timeless design and functionality as the Diffrient Smart chair, Smart Ocean (available in black frame) offers Form-Sensing Mesh Technology to instantly adjust to and move with every unique user. There is no need for training, instructions or manual adjustments.
Made specifically for our tri-panel, mesh-backed chairs, Monofilament Stripe mesh has an elastic composition that achieves strength through its distinctive weave structure to provide unmatched support. Priced here in black. For all other mesh types and colours, please get in touch with us on 07 3324 8530.
– Black Monofilament Stripe mesh back construction creates body-fitting contours and self-adjusting lumbar support for an automatic, customized fit.
– provides appropriate support and automatic resistance regardless of the user’s size.
– no unnecessary recline locks or tension springs to set or adjust.
– no external lumbar devices to adjust, break or lose.
– size-adjustable to fit the widest range of body sizes.
– frame-less front edge eliminates contact stress behind the knee.
– standard casters for hard surfaces designed for users up to 135kg.
– adjustable Duron arms.
– black with black trim* incorporates ocean netting.
– back: Monofilament Stripe (black M10) mesh.
– seat: Corde4 (black) fabric upholstered.
– standard hard casters, seat pan.
– standard matching base.
– individually boxed.
– weight: 15.5kg (34 lbs) with arms.
– chair width 673mm arms / 533mm armless.
– seat height range 420mm - 580mm.
– base size 660mm.
– warranty: textiles & mesh – five years of single shift use; all other components – 15 years.
Smart Ocean is supplied boxed ready for easy assembly.
The lead time guide on this product is: 5-7 working days ex stock or 25-30 working days indent order. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR AVAILABILITY PRIOR TO PLACING YOUR ORDER.
When you add this product to your cart, you will see the delivery charge based on your postcode. Contact us if your postcode is not showing a price. Please note that we only deliver to the East Coast of Australia.
Please contact us for any assembly (if applicable), special placement instructions or if you have a trade project or fit-out enquiry.